Frequently Asked Questions
Following are answers to our customers’ most frequently asked questions (FAQ). We appreciate your interest in Mendo Insider Tours and look forward to serving your needs. If you don’t see your question answered below, please contact us to let us know.
Why choose Mendo Insider Tours?
There are several reasons why you should choose us over others:
- Small groups – Our shuttles are the perfect size to make sure you’re comfortable, relaxed, and having fun.
- Local guides – All of our tour guides are Mendocino Coast locals, friendly and dedicated to making each tour special for our guests—from in-depth knowledge of picturesque nature spots to the best restaurant recommendations.
- Great value – Our tours are priced to give you a tour of the highlights of our scenic area.
- Independently owned – We’re locally owned, not part of a big bus company. Read about us.
- Your experience is our priority – We strive to make your tour fun and enjoyable so you can make the most of the time you have available.
What’s your cancellation policy?
We offer a 90% refund if you cancel 8 weeks (or more) in advance of your scheduled tour or 50% if you cancel more than 48 hours in advance. All tours cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled departure are nonrefundable. Please see our cancellation and refund policy.
Do I need to bring my booking confirmation to get on the shuttle?
No need – just bring yourself and the rest of your party! The confirmation is for your records. To board our bus, you just need to give us the first and last name of your party.
What languages do you offer for the tours?
Our tours are narrated in English. At this time, we don’t offer tours in any other languages.
What should I wear on the tour?
We strongly encourage you to dress in layers as weather can vary from neighborhood to neighborhood. We also recommend wearing closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing during the tour.
Can I bring my luggage?
Absolutely! In addition to the spacious buses we use for our passengers, we have separate luggage trailers for your luggage whether big or small.
What’s the weather like?
Why should I book directly with you?
When you book directly with us it enables us to provide you with the best possible customer service including:
- Emailing or calling you directly to communicate our meeting location, last-minute details, and tips about your tour. If you book with a third party, we don’t receive your contact information and might not be able to get hold of you.
- Easy cancellations – when booking with someone else it takes several days to get your money back to you should you need to cancel.
- Mendo Insider Tours employees are here to help. When you book with us, our team is ready to help every step of the way – from hotel and restaurant recommendations to the best way to get to the Mendocino Coast and beyond.
- Ability to keep our prices fair – when you book outside of our website we pay a 20% commission and therefore have to increase the cost of our tours.
Which tour should I take?
We offer a variety of tours ranging from wine tours to redwood tours—all led by local expert guides. We also offer custom tours that you can personalize according to your specific needs and preferences.
When should I book a tour?
We operate our tours year-round, but they tend to fill up fast, especially in summer. We recommend booking in advance. Please contact us with any questions.
Where will the shuttle pick up and drop off?
Our tours pick up and drop off our guests at convenient, mutually agreed upon locations.
Do you stop for photos?
Yes, we stop a minimum of five to six times on our tours to allow our guests to explore, stretch their legs, and take photos.
How and when should I book a tour?
Our tours fill up fast, especially in summer. We recommend booking in advance.
What should I bring with me on the shuttle?
We recommend layering. For example, you could wear a T-shirt and bring along a sweatshirt or light jacket. Drinks and snacks are welcome on the shuttle, and we encourage our guests to pack a lunch. Food and beverages can be purchased along the tour as well. Bringing your camera is highly recommended so you can capture unforgettable images and share with your loved ones.
Are your tours child-friendly?
Yes, we welcome all types of families including those with children. Please make sure that your children can handle tours to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests.
Do you provide car seats?
Yes, we do offer car seats. Out of courtesy toward other guests who will be along with you on the tour, please consider if your child(ren) will be able to behave well for the duration of the tour.
Do I need to purchase a seat for my baby even if s/he’s on my lap?
Yes, everyone requires a seat on our bus, according to California state law.
What if it rains on the tour?
We conduct our tours whether the weather happens to be sunny or rainy. However, if the weather forecast shows a strong likelihood of rain or wind on the day of your tour, we might cancel the tour in order to keep you safe. If we do have to cancel, we’ll reschedule the tour or refund you.
We hope we’ve answered all your questions regarding booking tours or transportation with Mendo Insider Tours. Please contact us to let us know if you have any suggestions or other feedback.